The National #InnerBeauty Challenge encourages people to post photos or short videos of themselves on social media or other sites stating what makes them beautiful on the inside and that they are taking a stand against human trafficking.
Participants are photographed or videoed with the phrase "#InnerBeauty" printed large and boldly displayed on a sign. They will also nominate and tag at least three people to take the challenge, giving them 24 hours to create and share their own #InnerBeauty photo or video post.
If the 24 hours expires without them posting, the person nominated makes a donation to the cause.
Each person taking up the challenge along with their friends, family or anyone else they know is encouraged to give to a charitable anti-human trafficking organization of their choice. The National Human Trafficking Referral Directory of the Polaris Project is a good resource for connecting people to service providers helping victims and survivors. Polaris is a leading nonprofit, nongovernmental organization in this global fight and operates the National Human Trafficking Hotline (1-888-373-7888). Saving Innocence, a Los Angeles-based nonprofit organization well known for its work in helping victims of trafficking, has been a supporter of the #InnerBeauty Challenge from its inception. Donations can be made directly to Saving Innocence by clicking Donate below.
Challenge takers can submit their #InnerBeauty posts on the official National Inner Beauty Day Facebook page at Facebook.com/InnerBeautyDay, their personal social media accounts or other online channels with the following tags and hashtags:
Beauty can be defined as a combination of qualities, such as shape, color, and form that pleases the aesthetic senses, especially the sight. Why is it then that in a world created for beauty, people choose to see things as ugly or less than perfect? It is that ability to choose that sets us apart from every other species on the planet and with it we make thousands of choices every day. What should I wear? Have for breakfast? What's the fastest route to get somewhere? What makes me happy? These choices make up our internal value system and yet so often we allow society, social media and even family members to decide these values for us. Sadly, we allow others to define what is beautiful, thus denying the inherent freedom to choose for ourselves.
We all have our own unique view of the world, and what makes you different is what matters most! Here at #InnerBeauty, our mission statement is simple: “It starts within.” What do we mean by that? Glad you asked!
By connecting to those inner values that set you apart, we invite you to express what makes you uniquely you. Each of us was planted with the seeds of our own unique beauty and by stripping away the mask of conformity we can dare to express who we are on the inside; our #InnerBeauty! National Inner Beauty Day is the time to reintroduce the world to that confident, loving, one of a kind person that has been dormant for way too long.
Let yourself shine and you give others permission to do the same. Imagine what we can do by celebrating our true selves. You can make the most important choice in life: to find value in yourself as an individual.
What does your #InnerBeauty look like?
- National Inner Beauty Day
1. Take a photo or video of yourself in which you display the phrase "#InnerBeauty" to be posted on social media (like Facebook and Instagram) or other sites (such as YouTube etc).
2. Describe your own inner beauty or what the phrase "inner beauty" means to you in the video or picture post.
3. Make a statement about taking a stand against human trafficking.
4. Nominate and tag at least 3 people you know (like friends, family, fans, coworkers) and challenge them to create their own #InnerBeauty post within 24 hours. If they don't, you will ask them to respond to your friendly challenge by making a donation to a charitable organization of their choice working to end human trafficking.
5. Below your #InnerBeauty Challenge post please type or copy and paste the following tags and hashtags to let others know you are supporting this campaign and encourage them to take the challenge: @innerbeautyday #innerbeauty #innerbeautyday #innerbeautychallenge.
6. Participants can post their InnerBeauty photos or videos on the official National Inner Beauty Day Facebook page at Facebook.com/InnerBeautyDay, on their own social media accounts or other online channels.
7. #InnerBeauty Challenge participants or anyone else wanting to give to this cause can contribute to local charitable organizations working to help end human trafficking and victims. The National Human Trafficking Referral Directory of the Polaris Project is a good resource for connecting people to service providers assisting victims and survivors. Polaris is a leading nonprofit, nongovernmental organization in this global fight and operates the National Human Trafficking Hotline (1-888-373-7888). Saving Innocence, a Los Angeles-based nonprofit organization well known for its work in helping victims of trafficking, has been a supporter of the #InnerBeauty Challenge from its inception. Donations can be made directly to Saving Innocence by clicking Donate below.
8. Sample script #InnerBeauty Challenge takers:
"Hi, my name is _________________ and today I take a stand to END human trafficking by taking the INNER BEAUTY CHALLENGE.
My inner beauty is _______________________. I nominate or call out (name or tag at least 3 people) to take the INNER BEAUTY CHALLENGE.
You have 24 hours to take it or else you make a donation to help STOP Human Trafficking. For details, go to NationalInnerBeautyDay.org."
1. The challenge is open to everyone, however participants under age 18 must appear with an adult.
2. Please do not use derogatory language or images depicting graphic violence or the suggestion of bondage.
3. Be creative and have fun!
The 2017-2018 Inner Beauty Challenge ends May 5th, 2018. Inquiries or comments can be sent to email@example.com